M served the US Army for 18 years, went to Iraq 5 times. Got injured, suffers from PTSD, has a messed up back, bad rash caused by the stuff he was working with, and several other medical conditions.
He went to med board 2.5 years ago, started his VA claim together with an experienced VA rep.
Here we are now, 2.5 years later, and all he got so far is one payment of $18.
He got a disability of 70%.
- He calls one day, they say his case is closed.
Ok, so where is all the money?
When will we get the back pay?
When will we get the paper stating it is closed, so we can finally file taxes?
- He calls again. "Oh no, Sir, it is not closed! It is still pending! We are waiting for this and that paperwork!" -> which we sent in August 2013!!!
- He calls again, they say it's closed
- He calls again, they say it's pending
- He calls again, they say it's in St. Louis
- He calls again, they say they need this and that paper
- He calls again, they say "Oh no, Sir, we already have that paper!"
This goes on for way too long now! M was serving this country. He was risking his life! He deserves his monthly check! We've lived off of my savings for way too long! If I wouldn't have been there, M would be just another homeless veteran in the USA!
Is this how you treat your HEROES, dear USA???
I hope not! As soon as this stuff is done (FOR GOOD!) and we have our money, I will definitely write every single thing down and send it to all different TV stations and newspapers. I know we are not alone, and this has to be made public!