Two days ago I was the lucky recipient of the Pantene Pro-V Airspray VoxBox from Influenster. The first bummer: I opened my mailbox, and found a tiny little box in it. Since when is Influenster sending out trial size products? But ok, I put that thought aside, and opened the box. The bottle is super tiny indeed. I have very long hair, so it might be enough for about 1 week of styles, if that much.
Remember the CoverGirl Plumpify Mascara I got in another VoxBox, and I really couldn't find anything good about it? Well.... here we go again. And I have a feeling Influenster might stop selecting me for VoxBoxes. But hey, I review stuff, and put my honest opinion out there. Only because I get stuff sent to me for free, doesn't mean I have to praise it.
Here's what Pantene has to say about the Pro-V Airspray
The Pro-V Styler Series represents the gold standard in styling. Our products are formulated to expertly care for your hair, whatever style you desire. With a range of products that span different levels of hold, there is an ideal Pro-V Styler for you.
- Pantene Pro-V Airspray Hairspray features:
- Ultra lightweight alcohol-free formula for a healthier hairspray
- Level 2 flexible hold for a smooth finish with body and bounce
- Use with Pantene shampoo and conditioner
- One 7 oz aerosol can
Here's what I have to say about it
1. The ScentIt smells like your average hair spray. Nothing special! And even though it says "Alcohol Free", it does smell as if there is alcohol in it. Have you ever been at the hair salon with your grandma? Where all the silver-blue-is haired ladies are sitting next to each other? Those oldschool hair salons? That's whet the smell reminds me of.
2. Let the spray beginI first thought something is wrong with the nozzle, cause it felt as if there is a whole lot of spray coming out. Like, too much. I enhanced the spray distance, but the second it hit my hair, it felt heavy, and my hair just felt like one sticky mess.
Pro: you can easily brush it out.
But - do I want to brush out the hairspray I just applied right away? Usually you put it on there for a reason.
I will definitely not use it again. It has a heavy texture and makes my hair look felted and blah.
And now for the obvious disclaimer: "I received these products complimentary from influenster for testing purposes."
Yep. Free stuff for me to try and then review... because I'm Batman.