I literally don't know what I was doing before I had a cool-mist humidifier. Especially now that heating season is back (yes, even here in the south), this neat little machine is a life saver. Imagine my happiness when the mailman dropped off a package from Geniani - in it, a neat 3 liter cool-mist humidifier!
(I was provided with a free product for my review. All opinions are my own. I would never endorse a product I don't like or believe in. If you use links in this post, I may earn a commission. Full Disclosure)
There are several reasons you should get a humidifier for your home. I want to share a few of the benefits with you. First of all, warm-mist and cool-mist humidifiers are equally effective in humidifying the air, so it doesn't matter which one you'll use. By the time the vapor reaches your lower airways, it's the same temperature, whether it started out warm or cool.
Especially during fall and winter, when you are running the heater in your house, humidifiers can be particularly effective for treating dryness of the skin, eyes, nose, throat, and lips. They can also ease some of the symptoms caused by the flu or common cold. By releasing moisture into the air, humidifiers help rehydrating your skin, nasal passages, and respiratory system, relieving congestion, nosebleeds, and sore throats. The cool-mist is the American Academy of Pediatrics humidifier of choice.
Your better half snores? Heck, a humidifier in your bedroom might help taking care of that issue, too!
Not only humans will benefit from a humidifier - your plants will, too! Pretty much all indoor plants that are common roommates these days are of the tropical variety that thrive in...right: the tropics. While you don’t need tangible mist hanging in the air of your home to make your plants happy, they need more than 23%, which is the level of humidity when the temperature outside dips below freezing. Your plants will love you for bringing an air humidifier home!
It is very important to check and clean your humidifier faithfully to avoid spreading bacteria and fungus. The Legionella pneumophila for example is one notable bacterium which is the cause of Legionnaire’s disease, a serious form of pneumonia. Changing or cleaning out your air humidifier filters and tanks regularly should take care of any problems, but if you have an unexplained respiratory illness that will not go away, your doctor may recommend turning off the humidifier.
This is the model I received for my review. I've been using it for the past couple of weeks and really like it:
Here are some of this model's facts:
- 2 YEARS WARRANTY - Risk Free Purchase
- NO NOISE - JUST FRESH AIR. Geniani humidifiers fill your room or office with clean and fresh air and makes your work and daily activities much more pleasant and efficient.
- 3L WATER TANK. Even a large room or office (on the high mist setting) will be full of fresh and clean air for 12 hours. If you have a smaller room (on the low setting), 3 liters is enough to produce air moisture up to 24 hours.
- NIGHTLIGHT FOR BETTER SLEEP. Geniani cool mist humidifier helps you to better relax at night with the soft light.
- AUTOMATICALLY TURNS OFF. If during the night a humidifier happens to run out of the water, you can sleep tight - it automatically shuts down and turns on after you refill it.
- 360-DEGREE MIST NOZZLE. It helps you decide in which direction you would like the moisturized air to be spreaded. You can even spread it in two directions simultaneously.