As you guys probably know by now: M and I are huge TV junkies. Since we don't like commercial breaks, waiting week/s before watching the next episode, or buying DVD box sets for $$ and only watching them once, we decided to get a Hulu+ account. And man, do we love it! We don't even have cable or satellite TV yet!
The bad part about being an expat, traveling back and forth from USA to Europe: We can't use our Hulu+ while being abroad. The smartypants internet realizes we are using a non-US IP, and booooom: BLOCKED!
I will be going to visit family in Germany mid June, and I will stay 3 weeks. Since I will be on vacation, and my family and friends will probably be working during the day, I was very, very happy to get the opportunity to check out Tunnelbear.com so I will be able to use Hulu - and I will share my opinion with you in this little review!
TunnelBear is an app that makes it really easy to browse the internet like you're in another country. More than 2 million people have used TunnelBear to unblock websites like Hulu, Netflix, and Pandora.
There are many reasons why you might want to use TunnelBear.com, even if you are not a TV junkie like me:
- Unblock Pandora / Spotify when you’re traveling or out of the country
- Use TunnelBear to unblock sports feeds for Soccer, NHL, MLB and NFL
- Vote for contestants on reality shows when you’re outside the country
- Keep yourself safe while using public WIFI networks
The best part: TunnelBear is available for your PC, Android devices, AND Apple devices!
Installing the app is as easy as 123. If not even easier:
Yep, that's it! There are some awesome YouTube videos that guide you through the whole installing process as well. Here goes an example, but you can check them all out here: CLICK!
And some screenshots from an Android device! I hope it helps :o)
Depending on how much data you intend to use, TunnelBear offers 3 different packages:
- FREE – 500MBs of free data each and every month. You can also get a bonus 1GB of free data by participating in their twitter promotion. There is even a gauge that lets you know how many MBs you have used.
- Unlimited $4.99 per month - Have an iPad, iPhone or Android 4.01+ device? Purchase a TunnelBear on your PC or Mac and you will also receive unlimited tunnelling on two additional mobile devices!
- $49.99 per year – Pay for 1 year of unlimited service and you will save 17%. Your service will NOT be automatically renewed.
Great deal! What would or WILL you use TunnelBear for?
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post from Tunnelbear.com with my unbiased thoughts.