If you follow my workout updates on here, or my profile on myfitnesspal.com, you can tell I'm working hard to get to my goal weight lately. Running and my other workouts make it easy for me to stay under my calorie goal of 1270. Tonight I even had some french fries and wings! And ice cream! And muffins! I would consider today kind of a cheat day though, since I usually wouldn't eat all this, especially not for dinner. But today is the San Diego Chargers first pre-season game, so there HAD TO BE WINGS AND FRIES. Period.
A weight-loss journey doesn't lead anywhere without a scale. So I guess you can tell how happy I was when I got the opportunity to review one! I got sent the Ozeri WeightMaster (400lbs Digital Bathroom BMI Scale).
This is actually the first scale I ever owned! And: I like it! It is not your plain old scale. Look at all the features:
- BMI: Calculates your BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Weight Differential Detection: Displays both your current weight AND your net weight change (records up to 7 weights per user)
- Color Alert Technology: Highlights your net weight change in GREEN for weight loss and RED for weight gain
- Power: 3x AAA batteries (included)
- Capacity: 400 lbs / 180 kg
- Graduation: 0.2 lbs / 0.1 kg
- Auto Power On (Automatically turns on upon stepping on the scale. Also turns on via the UNIT button.)
- 3 Touch Screen Function Keys
- Automatic Recognition (for up to 5 unique users)
- Auto Power Off
- Overload Indicator "-----"
- Low Battery Indicator: "Lo"
- Height Range: 100 cm - 210 cm (3 ft 3.4 in - 6 ft 10.6 in)
"The Ozeri WeightMaster 400 lbs Digital Bath Scale with BMI and Weight Differential Detection was designed and engineered in the USA to provide a comprehensive yet simple weight management solution to measure and track your weight.
Featuring BMI Measurement and Auto Recognition Technology, the Ozeri WeightMaster weighs up to 400 lbs and displays your BMI (Body Mass Index), a measure of your body fat based on your height and weight. Immediately after displaying your weight and BMI, the scale's Weight Differential Detection displays your "net weight change" from your last weigh-in (L1), the average of your last 3 weigh-ins (L3), and last 7 weigh-ins (L7).
By measuring your weight once a day, the Ozeri WeightMaster empowers you to see how your current weight changes day to day, from the last 3 days, and over the previous week. For users who would rather just focus on their weight trend without worrying so much about the actual numbers, the WeightMaster features Color Alert Technology, which displays your weight change in a GREEN illumination for weight loss and RED for weight gain, providing a visual form of intuitive feedback.
With built-in intelligence, the WeightMaster requires no complicated synching and spares you the data connection failures common to more expensive wireless and Bluetooth alternatives.
Precision engineered and durably made, WeightMaster auto-calibrates with StepOn technology and auto-powers off to preserve battery life. The Ozeri WeightMaster is made out of impact-resistant tempered glass, and equipped with non-slip scratch-resistant feet that won't damage flooring. Ships with batteries included, and backed by Ozeri's 100% Hassle-Free Satisfaction Guarantee." via amazon.com
Good thing for Europeans like me: You can easily change the unit of measurement from Pounds (lbs) to Kilograms (kg). With the scale turned on, simply push the "Unit " button underneath the scale. Easy! Fow now I will leave it on "lbs" though. I have to get used to all the american units.... It's super tough :oD!
When I was using the scale for the first time, I've had to set my profile. It definitely is a smart machine! It can save profiles for up to 5 users! Right now I am the only one using it, but if M decides to use it as well, we can set up his profile as well. It's super easy:
- Place the scale on a hard surface. Avoid carpets and uneven floors.
- Press "SET" to enter Setup mode. On the bottom right of the LCD you will see "User 1" flashing on the screen. This indicates you are in Setup mode, and you are now ready to enter the personal information for one of the 5 profiles that can be stored within the devices memory.
- Select the profile number by pressing the up or down arrow buttons, and press "SET" to confirm.
- After entering your height, the scale will display "0.0" on the LCD screen. Immediately step on the scale and remain standing. The scale will next display your weight and BMI, and then power off after approx. 12 seconds.
- The next time you use your scale, it will recognize you and after displaying your current BMI and height, it will compare your current weight with the last recorded weight ti display your net weight change (L1) in color. Once the scale has recorded 7 weights associated with your profile, it will then be able to follow the L1 displays with your L3 and L7 net weight changes.
L1 = The net weight change from your previous recorded weight
L3 = The net weight change from your previous 3 recorded weights
L7 = The net weight change from your previous 7 recorded weights
I have set my profile Saturday, and will step on the scale again every Saturday from now on. I know I could use the scale every day, but I know even better this would end up in an unhealthy obsession. Or me not eating at all. I hate scales. But since I am working out a lot, plus sticking to my healthy meals and calorie, I hope I will see progress on my weekly weigh-ins.
Sometimes I think I should have never stopped smoking. Gaining 50 lbs and my skin looking like a 14 year old teenager's. It sucks...
I will continue my weight-loss journey though! And I will reach my goal - which is at least 37.5 lbs to drop. I can do it.