It all starts with a one-time purchase of the Ooma Telo product ($99.99). Afterwards, only applicable taxes and fees are charged on a monthly basis. These range from $4-$7 per month depending on your postal code. More advanced features are available with Premier service ($9.99/month), and are definitely worth it as well!
With Ooma, you’re not just getting a great set of features for your phone, but your Ooma Telo can also seamlessly connect to and interact with your favorite smart home products like Amazon Echo, Nest, Phillip Hue and LIFX smart lightbulbs, and others, making your home safer and more convenient than before.
- Receive a call when smoke or carbon monoxide is detected with the option to connect to local emergency services.
- Initiate a call or check messages with Amazon Echo’s Alexa voice assistant.
- Automatically turn on call forwarding when you leave home.
- Get incoming calls and voicemail notifications on an Apple Watch or Android Wear Watch.
- Get alerted of incoming phone call or voicemails visually with lights and know if it’s someone you know (Green) vs. someone you don’t (Red).
You can forward your phone calls to your cellphone as well - just use the Ooma app. It's available for iOs and Android!
Setting up your Ooma Telo is as easy as can be. Unpack it, and the very first step is: Activate your Ooma Telo! It is VERY important you do this before anything else. Don't plug your device in or connect it to your router just yet!
The online platform "My Ooma" is awesome! Every step is very well explained. You will get walked through the whole process.
The next step would be connecting your Ooma Telo to your router. Last but not least: Connect your phone and plug in the Ooma Telo power cord. Done!
The manual that comes with your device explains and shows every step very detailed. You should not have any issues connecting it and getting it up and running.
Another great feature is, that you will be able to manually add up to 1,000 phone numbers to your personal blacklist (including the ability to block entire area codes, even toll free area codes)!
You can even keep your home phone number for a $39.99 transfer, or choose your own number in most any available area code for free.
Keep checking your my Ooma portal for new, caller logs, settings, etc. Even if you are not home, you are always in control over your Ooma Telo.